New River Valley Master Gardener Association
NRVMGA Meetings Calendar
Bylaws and Rules
Master Gardeners are committed
to learning and to communicating their knowledge of gardening to others.
Master Gardeners will direct their efforts to creating and maintaining an
awareness of the need for intelligent stewardship of the environment.
- NRV Master Gardener Assoc will provide speakers on a wide variety of
gardening topics. Remember; "gardening" covers a big range of stuff.
If your club/group/school might need a speaker, contact the NRV coordinator at (540) 382-5790
- Our annual May plant sale happened with gusto
and for the first time ever IT DID NOT
RAIN!!! Here is a list of our generous donors.
| || |
|Riverbend Nursery, Riner ||Lacie's in the Valley |
|Childress Garden, Riner || Corrines, Christiansburg |
|Vaughn's Greenhouse , Dublin ||Poor Boy's Produce, Pulaski |
|Take it Outside, Pembroke || Christiansburg Garden Center, Christiansburg |
|Slaughter's Greenhouse, Floyd || Enchanters' Garden, Hinton, WV (visit by appt only) |
|Walmart in Christiansburg Dublin || Food Lion in Dublin, Christiansburg, Radford |
|Home Depot, Christiansburg ||Slaughter's Greenhouse, Floyd |
|Crow's Nest, Blacksburg || Tyme to Grow , Dublin |
|The Green Market, Pembroke ||T& A's Produce, Dublin |
|Smithfield Plantation, Blacksburg ||Lowe's in Christiansburg |
|Kroger in Christiansburg & Radford || Private growers Curt Laub and Mitch Holcomb |
| || |
Some of these businesses have given in previous years, but we got some new ones too this year.
Please, please when you go in these places, thanks the businesses for their support. I know from personal
experience, a lot of these places get "hit" up
pretty regularly for donations.
- Meetings coming up:
- September - Thursday, Sept. 10th at 6pm - Mountain Lake Conservancy (Giles Co). Carpooling availabe at
intersection of Rt 460 and Mt Lake Rd. Contact the president.
- October Red Sun Farm site visit - Monday 19 at 6pm (Dublin; Pulaski Co)
- NovemberThursday, Nov. 19 general meeting (Grant presentations) - 6 pm MCGov't Center
- Mini grant applications (up to $100)for 2015 NOW being accepted.
These are only available to NRVMGA members, and there is still money.
- The current list of physical projects in the area is now posted. See
See the the projects page
- "In Season" newsletter See
- Questions on hours?
See the membership page and
particularly hour definitions
- Please try to turn in timesheets or preferably do on-line
once a month. Sorry, new policy.
- Your new web mistress is Erica
Jones (until further notice). Problems? E-mail contact
- Consider joining the state MG organization. They have meetings held across the state and offer
some seminars and potentially more political clout that individual
groups. To contact see www.vmga.net/membership.htm
- Link to NRV Friends of the Library >>. Friends of Library
<< They have supported NRVMG
Local Events Calendar
Bylaws and Rules
This site was last updated
...Yeah summer! Showers! LIghtening bugs! Bats! Snakes!