New River Valley Master Gardener Association
NRVMGA Meetings Calendar
Bylaws and Rules
Master Gardeners are committed
to learning and to communicating their knowledge of gardening to others.
Master Gardeners will direct their efforts to creating and maintaining an
awareness of the need for intelligent stewardship of the environment.
- New training classes scheduled!
MG training classes for spring 2015 have been
scheduled. Click here on this PDF document
- 2015 Community Grant applications due November 1st
see grants page for information and application.
- End of Year Graduation (Friday) - DATE???? NOV 21st??? and pot luck.
Every year we honor the new graduates! (and eat). Montgomery Gov't Center; starts 6pm.
- THANK YOU to the businesses that
made plant sale donations (May 2014)
Please, please when you go in these places, thanks the businesses for their support. I know from personal
experience, a lot of these places get "hit" up
pretty regularly for donations. And a couple of our regular donors cut back this year; and some are out of business.
- Montgomery County Area:
- Va Tech Plant marketing class
- Crow's Nest Farm
- Christiansburg -
- L & I Wholesale Nursery, Franklin Rd
- Lacie's in the Valley
- Southern States in Christiansburg
- Walmart Christiansburg
- Giles - The Green Market, Pembroke
- Floyd report 8/16
- Wildwood Farms
- Riverbend Nursery
- Childress Garden Center
- Slaughter's Greenhouse
- Vaughn's - Dublin
- Thyme to Grow - Dublin
- Pulaski Walmart
- Mini grant applications (up to $100)for 2014 NOW being accepted.
These are only available to NRVMGA members, and there is still money.
- The current list of physical projects in the area is now posted. See
See the the projects page
- NRVMGA meetings will (again) be held
on the third thursday of each month. Meetings start at 6:30 pm.
- "In Season" newsletter See
- Questions on hours?
See the membership page and
particularly hour definitions
- Please try to turn in timesheets or preferably do on-line
once a month. Sorry, new policy.
- Your new web mistress is Erica
Jones (until further notice). Problems? E-mail contact
- Consider joining the state MG organization. They have meetings held across the state and offer
some seminars and potentially more political clout that individual
groups. To contact see www.vmga.net/membership.htm
- Link to NRV Friends of the Library >>. Friends of Library
<< They have supported NRVMG
Local Events Calendar
Bylaws and Rules
This site was last updated
late october 2014
...It is the homestretch! Frost?? Fall lettuce!...