New River Valley Master Gardener Association
NRVMGA Meetings Calendar
Bylaws and Rules
Master Gardeners are committed
to learning and to communicating their knowledge of gardening to others.
Master Gardeners will direct their efforts to creating and maintaining an
awareness of the need for intelligent stewardship of the environment.
- Next membership meeting April 13th (Monday). Kelli will talk about
the vegetable gardens she is coordinating. TIme - 6 pm; Pepper St Cbhurg next to Health Dept. RAIN CANCELS!
- Plant Sale has been scheduled May 9th, rain or shine. Parking lot
Mont. Co. Extension office. Start thinking about your annual, herb, vegetable, shrub, tree, fruit donations now.
We will be asking for help pricing (Friday), moving plants, sales, and clean up.
- Mini grant applications (up to $100)for 2015 NOW being accepted.
These are only available to NRVMGA members, and there is still money.
- THANK YOU to the businesses that
made plant sale donations (May 2014)
Please, please when you go in these places, thanks the businesses for their support. I know from personal
experience, a lot of these places get "hit" up
pretty regularly for donations. And a couple of our regular donors cut back this year; and some are out of business.
- Montgomery County Area:
- Va Tech Plant marketing class
- Crow's Nest Farm
- Christiansburg -
- L & I Wholesale Nursery, Franklin Rd
- Lacie's in the Valley
- Southern States in Christiansburg
- Walmart Christiansburg
- Giles - The Green Market, Pembroke
- Floyd report 8/16
- Wildwood Farms
- Riverbend Nursery
- Childress Garden Center
- Slaughter's Greenhouse
- Vaughn's - Dublin
- Thyme to Grow - Dublin
- Pulaski Walmart
- The current list of physical projects in the area is now posted. See
See the the projects page
- NRVMGA meetings will (again) be held
on the third thursday of each month. Meetings start at 6:30 pm.
- "In Season" newsletter See
- Questions on hours?
See the membership page and
particularly hour definitions
- Please try to turn in timesheets or preferably do on-line
once a month. Sorry, new policy.
- Your new web mistress is Erica
Jones (until further notice). Problems? E-mail contact
- Consider joining the state MG organization. They have meetings held across the state and offer
some seminars and potentially more political clout that individual
groups. To contact see www.vmga.net/membership.htm
- Link to NRV Friends of the Library >>. Friends of Library
<< They have supported NRVMG
Local Events Calendar
Bylaws and Rules
This site was last updated
late october 2014
...It is the homestretch! Frost?? Fall lettuce!...