New River Valley Master Gardener Association
NRVMGA Meetings Calendar
Bylaws and Rules
Master Gardeners are committed
to learning and to communicating their knowledge of gardening to others.
Master Gardeners will direct their efforts to creating and maintaining an
awareness of the need for intelligent stewardship of the environment.
- PLANT SALE!! May 10th 10 am - 2pm or until
sold out. Held at Montgomery County Government Center rain, snow, or shine. Our main fund raiser for the year. Need
some hints on what to donate? See the membership page
- Mini grant applications (up to $100)for 2014 NOW being accepted.
These are only available to NRVMGA members.
- The current list of physical projects in the area is now posted. See
See the the projects page
- NRVMGA meetings will (again) be held
on the third thursday of each month. Meetings start at 6:30 pm.
- Trainee class (for 2014) schedule is posted. Any
existing MG'ers are welcome to attend any of these although contacting Wendy beforehand might be a nice touch.
- Time for renewal forms Please see the Membership page.
Turn these in before February 2014 (both extension renewal and NRVMGA renewals are due)
- "In Season" newsletter See
- Questions on hours?
See the membership page and
particularly hour definitions
- Our spring plant sale grant fund raiser and plant clinic May 11 was a
big sucess. Local businesses who donated items (not in any order):
Please, please when you go in these places, thanks the businesses for their support. I know from personal
experience, a lot of these places get "hit" up
pretty regularly for donations.
- Allison's Greenhouse, Dublin
- Corrine's, Christiansburg
- Blacksburg Feed and Seed, Blacskburg
- Heavener Hardware, Blacksburg
- Crows Nest, Prices Fork
- Christiansburg Garden Center, Christiansburg
- Lacies in the Valley, Ellet
- Third Day Nursery, Christiansburg
- Farmers Supply, Floyd
- Finders Keepers, Floyd,
- Riverbend, Riner
- Slaughter's Greenhouse, Floyd
- School House Fabrics, Floyd
- Hahn Hort Garden, Blacksburg
- Horticulture Department, Va Tech
- Mini grants We have had five (!!) mini grants awarded so far.
Members, this is your chance to support your favorite project. E-mail contact
- Grants have been awarded for 2013. They are going to
Pulaski 4-H, "Seeds", Christiansburg Public Library, Prices Fork Elementary, Radford High School, Pulaski Visitor Center and VICCC.
As an aside, the city of Radford does not give any monetary support to extension for supporting Master Gardeners in this region.
- Membership 2013 renewal forms are posted .
See membership page
- Master Gardener Training- starts in January. More details later.
- Timesheets can now be done on-line on a state-wide (MG owned) website.
The address is timesheets.
For you computer challenged types, you CAN still turn in an Excel spread sheet but if you learn to do it yourself it saves
volunteer time. Please see Wendy to get signed up in order to use this on-the-web entry form.
- Please try to turn in timesheets
once a month. Sorry, new policy.
- Your new web mistress is Erica
Jones (until further notice). Problems? E-mail contact
- Consider joining the state MG organization. They have meetings held across the state and offer
some seminars and potentially more political clout that individual
groups. To contact see www.vmga.net/membership.htm
- Link to NRV Friends of the Library >>. Friends of Library
<< They have supported NRVMG
Local Events Calendar
Bylaws and Rules
This site was last updated
...Did anyone get tomatoes??...